20110721

Vineyard Visit


This was the first I ever visit a vineyard in Changhua. Vineyards make people directly think of red wine, but the vineyards here are for delicious grapes.I mean very delicious!

The owner of the vineyard is a former soldier. He was the commander of one of my mom's best friends' husband, which is a very curious relationship. Mom has visited his vineyard twice before, but for me(who has been trapped by Taiwan's sinister educational system), it was a totally brand new experience.

The owner(who I never notice his last name) best describes the word "hospitable"! Talking to him was like standing next to the vigorous sun, definitely toppled my stereotype towards old soldiers.



A special species of grape. I'm never a big fan of grapes, but I have to admie that this light color grape really grabed my heart! When you first rip the skin of the grape, so juicy that you can't control the flow of the grape juice. The skin is very smooth, I always swallow it. But of course, the best part is the flavor. Not only are they sweet, but the grapes also contains a tinge of wine smell, if you doesn't swallow the whole grape too fast. The grapes this vineyard produced are never for winemaking, but tasting those grapes is surely a feast, just like tasting high class red wine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment