20110726

0723: 50% of Fun, 50% of Disdain

I disappeared for 2 days, because I was out on a trip with my junior high school's PTA.(I know it's strange that
I was already graduated but still got to attend, but the relationship it way too complex, so let's just skip it)

Fun and Disdain were the 2 main ingredients of the 2-day trip, and you'll see where I considered it fun, while others were sadly just worth of my disdain.

First Stop: Horng Jou Ceramic Sightseeing Factory



It's actually quite nice, for the guide included some great knowledge of ceramics. My favorite part of the guide--the procedure of making ceramics. A few photos will describe.






↑ Colored pigments are amazingly beautiful <3


↑ Very cute water bottles isn't it.

Second Stop: Excellence Collection

Excellence Collection was actually a pottery store. No tour guide, but there were certainly some awesome pieces on sale!(And of course, very expansive.)

 ↑ This was their main product: The Sky Lantern Tea Set. I considered it sort of impressive, for it successfully combined one of the symbol of Taiwan with an everyday tool.

↑ And this. I didn't check the introduction, so I had no idea what exactly they were. But this was surely the photo of the day! My another well done postcard piece by trying every possible angle. It was fun, it was just that pausing for a perfect photo made my shoulders sored A LOT. But, it worthed.

Third Stop: Taipei County Yingge Ceramics Museum

The name is way too long, so I'll abbreviate it into YCM.



YCM was a modern and contemporary buliding, I would definitely spend 15 minutes lingering around and shoting photos from every angle, but I didn't. I'd got no time. This was where the Disdain started.

The PTA had arranged the schedule too tight, lefting every spot only 30~40 minutes. That was never enough for a real deep explore, especially at museums. My heart sank, and the nightmare happened in my trip to Japan loomed. I knew I would never get proper time to really enjoy a different place. I was going to waste most of my precious time on the stupid, boring tour bus, watching movies.

So I have to apologize for no new knowledge to share of. But there still are nice photos, for Dad and I browse the 3-story exhibition in only 15 minutes.

↑ Symbol of YCM. Apparently belonging to the genre of contemporary art, which always surprises my brain, my eyes, and my digital camera!

↑ My favorite piece. You see, I really had no love for the past while I embraced the brand new future. Umm, that's no good, so beware of the feeling. Sometimes I'll be a little shame of this feeling and try to fight against it, and I have to admit, hard is not a best word to describe my feeling. Disappointed does.

Lunch Time was written with dinner time at the lower part of the post. Filled with Disdain and not much love for the food.

Forth Stop: Lanyang Museum




Same Disdain, same compliment. This museum building is magnificent! The scenery is peaceful! My breath was taken.(Can I use the phrase like that?) Again, this time I didn't even got the time to browse the exhibition. Darn!

Tragical Lunch/Dinner Time

PTA's silly non-written rule: Mr.Whoever sits Table 1 and Mrs.Whoever sits Table 2. Someone must have mistaken me with Mom who actually didn't attend the trip. So I had to split up with Dad(Table 1 member) ,and without happily enjoying the not-very-delicious-food, I needed to socilze with those "Mrs."s......how catastrophic! They only understood comparing their husbands, joking gossips, most tragical, eating and drinking without tastaing! How dare you ordered me to eat one more hot and spicy shrimp after I'd finished a light jelly as my dessert, just because "oh you are still a kid you have to eat more"?! Eat way too more means obese only, not health! In 2 days, I fought bravely with these no-use-at-all women. Yeh, I felt like in war.



We stayed in a cottage located in Ming Chih Forest Recreation Area. Here are some great night views through my cam!

Dad thought it was the moon, but they were actually street lamps. Yes, postcards well done. <3  Except the museum visits, the best part of the day was watching X-Men:Wolverine on the tour bus. Don't blame me, if you are a girl, go check this movie. Hugh Jackman has extrodinary muscle, sad eyes, and outside the movie he's a good husband and daddy. Slightly different in the muscle part with Ewan McGregor, but as the role in family, I just can't resist new nice men!

Umm, this post ends up a little strange......, but don't worry! Day 2, which was also a 50-50 of 2 emotions, is coming soon!

To Be Continued......

1 comment:

  1. So that's what you meant by "socializing with ladies"...sounds pretty tiresome. But look on the bright side - that means you're much more sensible than they are! :)
    I enjoyed the photos, by the way. Thanks, Jasmine.
    And on a totally unrelated topic, I enjoyed Hugh Jackman's performance in "The Prestige". (lol)

    ReplyDelete