20140905

The Wickedly Timeline


(I'm really interested in carving rubber stamps, this Wicked stamp is one of the old time project.)

     "Wicked: The Untold Story of the Witches of Oz" is one of my favorite musicals by far, the main reason is of course that I've once participate in a amateur one, but seriously, there's more that.

     Let's just name it quickly: Elph is never a good role model in real life, yet people sometimes do misunderstood Glinda. She's never the bad girl, for the only thing she did to Elph is giving her that black hat which was under her friends' recommendation.

     See? Both girls are so good hearted, they never ever meant to harm anyone. But they seemed ironically living at the two polars of the spectrum. For me, I think it tells people that no matter your personality is, you can always stay good hearted.

     It's so hard to admit your own mistakes. Especially when you are standing in the middle of the mist. While most people like Elph better, that's what I appreciate about Glinda the Good. Guess that shows how genuine she was. 

     A lot of critics online compared Elph with the beloved Elsa, but I think they have totally different issues! Elph had a problem with peers, while Queen Elsa is confusing about self-esteem. Potraited by the same wickedly talented "Adele Dazeem"(lol), that's really subtle, and it just dawn on me when I heard the mashup of Let it Go and Defying Gravity a few days ago.

      These are the few aspects I have by now. How time could nourish and brew strange ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment